I recently went to a Chinese Dance Party! It was quite the experience. I dance a Chinese version of the waltz (I think...) with a guy. It was alot of fun, though my friend Nate could not keep himself from laughing (multiple times). He managed to find a way out of the dance party after we had arrived by going to play table tennis with some nice fellows.
After he left we did a huge line dance sort of thing. They had all the guys line up on one side, and the girls on the other. Then they taught everyone a Cha-Cha line dance. I can't say that I particularly like the Cha-Cha but it was alot of fun.
Later it changed into a disco party with people jumping around, and well just try and picture a bunch of Chinese people trying to do Disco. It really reminded me of a High School/Middle School Dance. Lots of fun.
After that it went back to the Chinese more formal types of dancing and I again danced with my friend Mike. After dancing the second time, he decided to pass me off to a beautiful girl. Well I would say that it was a miserable experience, but more for her. Not really understanding the dance or how other people were moving, she took a couple of hits. (In my defense she was also back leading)
Normally when I dance with people I try and talk to them. Well she didn't speak any English...and my Chinese it turns out is really not so conversational yet. However I can tell you that she is a student (perhaps), and studying Information Technology. I can't remember her name, but I think I did crush her when I left without giving her my number.
In two Friday's Nate and I will be teaching a bunch of Chinese people how to Swing Dance! I'll try and get pictures of that!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These last two posts had me rolling over in laughter.
And I think for most of them, it's probably #2, however I'm sure #1 and #3 probably have an effect on a few.
Post a Comment