This is a time that American’s look back on things they are thankful for, as well as thanking God for his provision among other things. Well not having an oven it’s really hard to cook a thanksgiving dinner, so Nate and I decided to make Chili instead.We invited some students over (4 to be exact), spent the afternoon making chili and then all sat down around the table around 7pm. We sat down, we modeled for them going around the table and saying things we were thankful for, and explained some of the history. (This is the same day as my English Corner Mishap, but I did manage to get it right this time) After that, we gave thanks for the meal, and 6 of us dug in.
After dinner we played cards, and just had a great time. I hope that these four become pretty special people in our life. They all have pretty good English, which is a huge bonus for us, since our Chinese is still sub-par.
1 comment:
I haven't had internet for 2 weeks so today I caught up on your blog, and I must say that it had me laughing. Especially the part about the Inca, the Maya, and the Santa Maria. That was great.
Post a Comment