Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Past Week

Things that I’ve heard:
Thanks Hon”—My friend Nate (We were taking a trip and I was bringing him a cup of coffee)
We’re officially married now”—Nate (after I called him to bring me my wallet from the grocery store)
How did your Chinese get so good?”—The people at the store (They asked my Chinese friend that after I order in Chinese w/ no mistakes)
You are so great”—My Foreign Affairs Officer after I showed her my flash cards that I had made
It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve taken your butt to the Father”—Mark after telling him about my bike ridding
Ting bu dong”—Lots and lots of Chinese people saying they don’t understand me.

Things I’ve done:
Saturday: Bought a new bike
Sunday: The bike broke on me
Monday: Taught at the school, and taught some Chinese how to play Frisbee.
Tuesday: Taught a writing class for 3 hours.
Wednesday: Our School has a 3-day holiday, so they took the teachers to a nearby Commodity Market (read: Wholesale)…Lunch was really good…thought I didn’t by anything because there wasn’t 30 of any one things I wanted.
Thursday: Went into town to buy a DVD Player, got off the bus at the wrong stop, spent 40 minutes walking to where I thought it was, and then another 20 minutes walking to where it actually was. 2 Hours there shopping, and then another 2 hours trying to get a bus(s) home carrying a DVD Player and Speakers.
Friday: Went into town to get my Foreign Experts Certificate. Took the bus in, no issues and I even managed to take all the right buses. I met the lady from my school wo was helping me, everything went flawless, and we had lunch together. I went to a bookstore bought a book to start learning Chinese systematically. I had dinner with my friend Net, and watched part of the Lord of the Rings—Fellowship of the Ring.
Saturday: Went to a singles dance. Apparently 11/11 is National Bachelor’s day. I didn’t dance mind you, I try not to dance with women that I can’t understand no matter how beautiful they are.

No comments: