Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trip South

After escaping the blizzard, I managed to make my way southward. I went and met up with some friend for a big annual meeting. It was entertaining, educational, and amazing to see so many like minded people. I think perhaps my favorite seminar that I attended was the one at the pool, but don’t tell them that.


While there I was able to see some friends that I had made before I left, enjoy some western food, and fall in love with Thai food all over again! I even got to celebrate the New Year while I was there! (Look right)


Had my first ever Massage. I'm not sure that I really liked it. It felt like I was paying someone to poke and prod me, like someone going through therapy after a debilitating accident...

At one point she asked me: "You no sleep during massage?" ...and I'm thinking "How could anyone sleep through this!?" ...but I kindly replied that I wasn't.



I even had the good fortune of visit a Orchid Garden. Did you know it takes at least three years before the flower ever really grows? Well it was amazing and this is me on a bench at the Orchid Garden.

1 comment:

BrunerAbroad said...

Yay! An update!

Well, I've only had one massage in my life, and it was because I was in pain, so it wasn't the most enjoyable experience either, but I did feel way better afterwards! Hmm...I think I want a massage now...I'll have to find some excuse to treat myself to one...